Report a traffic safety concern to Newtown Township

Report a traffic safety concern to Newtown Township 2017-06-30T10:40:23+00:00

We understand that as residents of Newtown Township you travel within and through our many roadways on a daily basis. In some cases you may have concerns regarding traffic safety within and around your neighborhood.

If you would like to submit a concern or a request for a traffic safety review of your neighborhood, please review the items below and then submit your request via the online form below.

  • First determine what you are concerned about and any pertinent information regarding the concern.
  • If not an emergency you should then contact the Police Department with your concern by either:
    • Calling the Police Dispatch Center (215) 598-7121 and request a Police Officer be sent to your location in Newtown Township to discuss your concern.
    • If you will be sending a letter to the Police Department you may mail your letter or this questionnaire and attach any supporting documents to the Office of the Chief of Police, Newtown Township Police Department, 100 Municipal Drive, Newtown, PA  18940.
    • You may stop at the Police Administration Building and drop off material in person.

Sometimes you don’t know who to call when you have a concern, so we hope that this flyer helps point you in the right direction.

TRAFFIC SAFETY ENFORCEMENT & STUDIES: One of the Police Department’s primary tasks is to address the traffic safety concerns in our community. Therefore, if you have a traffic safety concern, please let us know what it is and we will do our best to try and address it for you.

CHANGING SPEED LIMITS & POSTING OF SlGNS: Although the Police Department patrols all of the roads in the Township, only the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation [PennDot] can authorize certain signs or speed limit changes or other traffic control device installations or changes to occur on State roads. Changes on Township roads are within the preview of the Board of Supervisors. Such changes generally require a traffic study and legislative action by the Board.

  • Please provide as much detail as possible.